PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vaccine Passports
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2021, 08:14
flyingfemme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
What has been amazing during lockdown is how the very elderly have adapted so fast to zoom , on line ordering etc. If its a choice between sitting at home or learning something new so they can go to the pub or Spain I know what they'll do
Some might have, but many have not. None of the senior members of my family (all in their 80s) can do anything meaningful, or reliably, online. The thought of my mother having financial capability in her mobile phone is a thieves/scammers dream. She manages because I do things like electricity, phone, gas, council tax for her. I am joint bank account holder and order things from Amazon to be sent.
Twice, in the last month, she has phoned me in a panic because she received calls from “Amazon”, saying they would take £79 from her bank and I have had a heckuva job convincing her that she
a. Does not have an account with Amazon
b. They do not know her bank details
Not being able to travel there (other side of the country) since last October doesn’t help with things like meter reading, central heating programming, fixing small stuff and I am not sure if she can manage much longer without a hug from somebody - she is disabled and cares for my alzheimer sufferer father. Technology is great for most of us but the oldest generation are being totally ignored by “progress”.