PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2021, 00:04
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
The real questions is, what did they even vote for? Do they even know why they voted for him?
What did they vote for? Well I guess they didn’t vote for the WA Liberal party. A party which at the start of the pandemic wanted borders shut, then wanted borders open and aligned themselves with Clive Palmer, then a few months later wanted an even harder border with less exemptions for aircrew, then finally were happy with McGowan’s policy. Maybe showing a bit of consistency during a health crisis would be appreciated by the public.

I would think the very poor choice of leaders, Liza Harvey, a nobody, and Zak Kirkup the work experience kid harmed them too. Not to mention the party’s preselection disasters which led them to nominate candidates like 5G truthers and Trump supporting conspiracy nuts. It’s going to be tough for the party to recover in the state with no talent and they won’t even be the official opposition. Despite the usual “fought on state issues” talk the Federal Libs would be in fear I reckon.

Originally Posted by thorn bird
"TOTAL Control...by the one party."
In reality total control by one person, who's first priority will be to gerrymander himself as emperor for life.
Nope, good thing about Australia is our electoral boundaries are set by an independent Electoral Commission, as opposed to the US where politicians can gerrymander themselves to permanent wins.