PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC LLC purchases Babcock
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2021, 13:37
Apate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitchaa
I believe Scotia numbers are in the region of 250-275 but that’s baring in mind that Scotia has all the European management structure and support staff that look after other regions too. Norway is a tricky one as they act as their own separate entity, a better example would be including Den Helder ops in with the UK and IRE.

I guess you have a point though, as the aircraft fleets expand you obviously have your Pilot/Engineer Aircraft ratio to maintain but the Support and management side are already incorporated.
The relationship between Babcock UK and Denmark is similar to CHC UK and Netherlands. However the Babcock Australian AOC is very much a stand-alone organisation, which is why I thought the CHC UK/Norway equation was a valid one for comparison. You'd be shocked at how many are employed In Norway, especially when you add in the Heli-One staff.

As for what happens post-TUPE, CHC will have to treat all pilots as one group. They cannot simply state that an ex-Babcock pilot is more at risk than a CHC pilot, TUPE regulation prohibits that. If there are too many pilots, the dreaded "matrix" will be used and applied to the pilot workforce as a whole. It will get messy and cause a huge amount of stress and anxiety for everyone. I hope it doesn't come to that.