PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC LLC purchases Babcock
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2021, 18:25
The Witret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitchaa
Depends on whether TUPE is applicable and whether Babcock will be forced into a reduction in numbers before the takeover. I can’t see CHC taking on 500 additional staff when they have just stripped their own company to the bare bones (Where Babcock presumably haven’t and are themselves bloated)

It would be very harsh on CHC employees to be at risk in this case especially having just survived numerous rounds of redundancies over the last few years themselves. CHC’s staff will already be the cream of what they had.

The fact that it’s CHC LLC (Based in the Cayman Islands) I would say that TUPE is probably not applicable here as it has no obligation to honour U.K TUPE.

I think it’s more likely Babcock will be told to cut their numbers to bare bones before the “official” takeover. If CHC have had to do it recently then it would be only fair that Babcock too were stripped to the bare bones.

Saying that, I am sure that this will be one of the very first questions asked when Mark Abbey has his regular town halls. CHC Employees will naturally be concerned if they are having to go through yet another round of redundancies to possibly make way for Babcock employees to replace them. Naturally the Babcock guys could be seen at a disadvantage in consultations as they wouldn’t have the same level of “CHC know how” as their CHC counterparts will have moving forward.

Lots of unknowns.
j

Hello. Wrong. “I can’t see CHC taking on 500 additional staff when they have just stripped their own company to the bare bones (Where Babcock presumably haven’t and are themselves bloated”

You clearly know little facts. Babcock have as much fat as an anorexic butcher’s pencil. CHC are equally skinny. To make this work there will be casualties and gains in both sides. CHC for example have virtually zero 175 capability or experience and their facilities are only shiny and new in part. Wisdom will be required to make this work. To suggest CHC employees have been treated worse that Babcock is preposterous. All parties deserve a break and I hope that happens. TW.