PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2021, 06:00
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LapSap
I hope you’re being sarcastic...
Sorry if I’m a bit thick at the moment.
Some of us actually had international careers ended by this virus. (Not just flying). Why would you wish that for ever?
Of course I’m not. Australian money for Australian people only. Tourist attractions, sporting events, jobs and universities should only be for the locals. Of course we can let in rich people, movie, sports and pop stars - they actually contribute unlike the little people.

It’s the year 2035 and WA has just entered its 24th lockdown having kept cases down to just 46 since the pandemic started. The locals are lauding it up, but the Goose is confident that the big 25 foot high wall that is along the domestic border will be able to come down eventually as cases globally completely diminish. Qantas have dumped all of their A380s as the route from Brisbane to Cairns struggled to make any money for them.

I believe this is a very interesting time and an amazing opportunity for Australia to concentrate purely on its own people to provide the business/ tourism etc. I am actually hoping that Australia becomes less reliant on international people and more reliant on its own people. I'm glad there's a drain in certain professions and industries....let's fill it with Aussies. I'm glad there's a shortfall in tourism...let's promote Aussies to fill the void...etc etc. This is a self-sufficient country so let's take advantage of it