PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 7th Mar 2021, 03:42
wheels_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think everyone is underestimating the power that VA and QF hold and how weak ZL actually is. Weaker than Tiger.

Yes Virgin has problems being worked through which will take 12-24 months to get the basics right. Qantas has debt issues and will exit with a ****load of it.

I’m just trying to work out what passenger Rex is actually trying to target with this now ‘on and off’ schedule that Sharp pointed at last week. Even Tiger held a firm seasonal schedule.

Rex has a online Check-in which does not work, it has a website that resonates with the year 2005, its ‘change your booking’ platform has been offline since mid December. I can change a Virgin booking on the app in about 60 seconds, even then they claim their Digital platforms are not adequate, and are investing more in Digital over the next 5 years than Rex is injecting into its 737 dream.

It’s clear who is going to be left behind next year and it’s not Jayne or Alan. Watching Scurrah tinker with Rex and it’s 737s will be quite amusing.