PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work Visa renewals
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2021, 06:05
Stone Temple Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha, no way it does - I have had enough time in the industry to know that.
I did however think that seniority mattered, but oh well, another blow to the industry in general. It's becoming the gift that keeps giving.

I just thought I would include that in my reply to the young AdB29 as he bluntly stated:

"They have been paying their dues for years and ”contributing to society” but now that will all go to waste because some young boy who still stays with his parents ran to legco because his beloved company cut his job. (Guess they didn’t care about you as much as you thought)"

- about the pilots coming up to their PR, i.e. less than 7 years in the Cathay Group pilot seats.

By contrast, I wanted to show that quite a few Hong Kong pilots - western or local - with PR have contributed 25 years or more to build a succesful and strong airline - and IMHO should have a place in the future of HK aviation in front of non-local pilots on short-term work visas.
THESE guys have paid their dues for years and "contributed to society".

To further add that their "beloved company" cut their jobs - is just plainly insulting. The whole termination package had Cathay Pacific and green colours smothered all over it with letters of "Dear Colleague" from managers no-one in KA had ever heard of.
Thanks also to AdB29 for assessing my attitude based on a discussion forum and linking that to whatever the future may hold for me in aviation.