PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I quit my career?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2021, 20:21
pilotmorten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I quit my career?

Hi there.

Shortly before COVID arrived and we all got made redundant, I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis.

I am getting treated with a medicine called Adalimumab, which is working perfectly. I take a shot in one of my legs every 14th day, and I am completely free of symptoms. No pain, not reduced mobility in any joints and no side effects.
But, here’s my problem, or my concern.

Because of my condition and the medicine, the Danish CAA have given me 3 limitations on my Class 1 medical. OML, SIC and SSL. The last two, basically just means that I have to undergo regular testing and send all my medical documents from my doctor and blood test result to an AME. But, it’s mainly the OML I’m afraid of. Even though I’m allowed to fly, I’m still concerned, that airlines around the world, wouldn’t even pay me a single thought when it comes to hiring.

Before COVID I was flying the 737NG with a Danish charter airline and I have 1500 hours on the 737.

But, with my fantastic looking medical, should I find another way of life? Flying has been my lifelong goal, and ending already at an age of 26 breaks me.
Should I be as worried as I currently am, or is a there a future for me? Would recruiters just throw my papers into the bin, or would they actually give me a chance?

I hope somebody can help me out here. I am losing my mind. Anyone with knowledge within the area or experience?

Thank you in advance.