PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2021, 15:49
Gentle_flyer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
FAA - Air Traffic by the Numbers
211200 + approx 7600 Commercial Aircraft = 218800 divided by 14000 ATC = 15.6 aircraft per US ATC
BITRE report
22265 aircraft in Aus divided by 1000 ATC = 22.3 aircraft per AUS ATC
FAA- Air Traffic by the Numbers
16405000 flights a year = 45000 flights per day divided by 14000 ATC = 3.2 flights per US ATC per day
Airservices - by the numbers
4000000 flights a year = 11000 flights per day divided by 1000 ATC = 11 flights per AUS ATC per day
FAA Budget requests 2021
FAA Operations $11 Billion USD.(Air Traffic $8.2 Billion USD)

This is where the argument falls down. That "proven safe US system" needs 14 times more ATC and a ton of money to make it work. It's utter BS that our system can be like theirs for "no cost".
TIEW,

‘’Thank you for the reply.

””Lies, damn lies and statistics” popularised by Mark Twain and apparently wrongly attributed to Benjamin Disraeli....

just goes to show the danger of disfactual analysis and lack of common sense was around way long before the ‘Fake News’ of Donald Trump and the ‘Alternative Facts’ of Kellyanne Conway.

The saying “apples with oranges” in this debate IS irrelevant to the E Airspace discussions but since you unquestionly posted numbers without analysis then I will have to challenge....and it’s not a mere comparison of Granny Smith to Golden Delicious it more single grape to cart of watermelons.

Didnt you question the “facts’” that a country 13 times the population only had 4 times the flights?

That must mean aviation is booming beyond belief in Australia yet I’m not sensing that. That should have triggered an “a ha” moment in your thinking.

in 2007 I was in Eurocontrol Maastricht Upper Airspace Centre and in Skyguide’s Geneva Centre. MUAC ABV FL 250 roughly the same order of magnitude in sq/kms as Victoria moves 5000 flights a day. Airspace analysis of high level sectors in ML centre Alice Springs, Woomera and Bourke in early 2010s had a 24hr total of 250 individual flights, total. Just have a think about the size of those three sectors that contain a hell of a lot of International flights between midnight and six.

So why get in a pissing contest you can’t win?

What Australian controllers should be highlighting instead is the Tyranny of Distance.

No I’m not talking about the Australian historian Geoffrey Blainey’s book or even The line in the song “Six months in a leaky boat’ by Split Enz. I’m talking about the lateral geographic size of sector/sectors that controllers have to manage and further expanded by that wonderful project SDE.

This issue is far more relevant to E airspace to 1500 AGL than a pissing contest on “pushing tin.”

REFER Miissy’s post for more info re SDE. It started in 2005 and it showed Airservices had started to go silly by placing more importance on PRspin than ATC. Sadly Airservices has never recovered!

And please don’t quote how SY-ML route is the ? 1st / 2nd / 3rd busiest route in the world or I’ll ROTFALMAO!!

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.....

Last edited by Gentle_flyer; 26th Feb 2021 at 22:47.