PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2021, 14:12
Gentle_flyer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ex FSO GRIFFO
Hey Mr Advance,

A 'Favour' per favor.....
Being in ATC, I wonder if you could please decipher the acronyms mentioned in post #268 by Mr 'GF'??

I can only relate to those 'OCTA' ones... ....you know......the .'Controlled Restricted Airspace Program'....or the acronym for it .......

I rekon he's havin' a 'loan' of me.... And, I can only remember the 'BAM BLAM' thankyou etc etc.......

Cheeerrrsss...and Thanks in advance....(Pun intended...)
]

Ex FSO GRIFFO,

Your starting to look like a useless troll and then I realised the redundancy for you only could afford a modem that allowed you access to PPRUNE and not the greater WWW.

A simple search of the internet would have decoded the commonly used acronyms for you but seeing your “genuine question” has been.exposed as a lie and you are too lazy here they are:

STCA - Short Term Conflict Alert
MSAW - Minimum Safe Altitude Warning
DAIW - Danger Area Infringement Warning
RAM - Route Adherence Monitor
CLAM - Cleared Level Adherence Monitor

Now tell me how I am having a lend of you or is it just typical abuse of a troll.

These safety nets, alerts, warnings are often disliked and hated by controllers, justifiably so, as the false operational positive rate can be very high as I’ve stated in other posts, inducing a cry wolf syndrome in the controllers’ minds. The only trouble is when there is really a wolf...

I could have used a more sophisticated analogy but I’m never sure of the lowest common denominator on this forum.

The general PPRUNE community would no doubt remember the BLA accident with the ATSB / Coroners Inquiry and the role of the RAM alert in that accident.

I am happy to discuss the role of the ground system based safety net in the 3 step safety process in A airspace ie controller/STCA/TCAS heirarchy and some of the difficulties / traps in its applications in E/G airspace if readers did not get my more subtle comments.

So GRIFFO, prove to me you are not a useless troll.

I personally do not find anything funny about pilots, passengers, or even controllers dying in any circumstances, especially when they could have been prevented, whether it was Zagreb, Uberlingen, Benalla or Mangalore.

Hopefully, one day we are better than this???

-

Last edited by Gentle_flyer; 26th Feb 2021 at 14:28.