PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA SEP revalidation by exp. microlights
Old 18th Feb 2021, 19:24
Forfoxake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
No you don't, the word "sub" is not used.

No they don't. The wording isn't sub 2000 kg or sub 5700 kg, the wording is: Holders of UK national licenses only, to only fly aircraft no greater than 2000 kg MTOM. The wording is the same for the "no greater than" 5700 kg aircraft.

The LAPL and NPPL privileges provide for flying no greater than 2000 kg MTOM aircraft. The self declaration for the no greater than 2000 kg aircraft is therefore all that is required.
OK, thanks. Apologies for repeating his/her use of the word SUB. I should have stuck to the usual up to or no greater than. And as you point out, the LAPL is only valid in aircraft up to 2000kg so the LAA's advice does not sound correct!

However, I still do not understand why the CAA website makes a distinction when

Self-declaring your medical fitness using the Pilot Medical Declaration

between

Holders of UK national licences ONLY, to only fly aircraft no greater than 2000 kg MTOM
and
Holders of UK national and Part-FCL Licences, to fly any aircraft less than 5700kg MTOM

(My emphasis on first ONLY)

So I pose this question again: Does a UK issued Part-FCL LAPL now count as a UK national licence?

Thank you for all your input F1F.

Last edited by Forfoxake; 18th Feb 2021 at 21:25. Reason: The PMD declaration has changed