PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands-7
Thread: East Midlands-7
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2021, 09:52
ATNotts

Received 258 Likes on 144 Posts
SWBKCB

It may just be sloppy journalism, but if the "East Midlands Airport Police" are a different entity to Leicestershire Constabulary one wonders what jurisdiction they have to issue fines to people on public roads outside the airport boundary. Moreover, there is a public footpath that runs roughly around the perimeter of EMA which is open as normal, so although it's probably more than a bit fool hardy to sit in your car at one of the vantage points around the perimeter, I really wouldn't have thought that driving from West Bridgford to walk the footpath wouldn't necessarily contravene the (thoroughly ambiguous) rules. I mean, what is "local area"? The characters who travelled from Mansfield are certainly on rather more dodgy ground!

It is rather galling that the police are more than happy to fine "low hanging fruit" but quite happy to turn a blind eye to the groups of youth and young adults that are regularly seen congregating outside corner shops, sans face coverings, and making no attempt at social distancing.

I would add that I haven't ventured anywhere near EMA since the latest lockdown began, nor for that matter, during either of the two previous lockdowns.