PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Round 2 layoffs in February or March
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2021, 15:15
badge42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balloon buster

I’ve been around a fair while. Actually, it’s fair to say, ‘too long’…….

During my time here I’ve flown with colleagues from almost all over the World, and every background; some ex-military, some not; some very highly experienced, some just starting their journey and finding it hard to wade through the Cathay molasses. Through it all though, I’ve seen no common thread. Some are good at it, some not so good, some are bloody awful, and background has very little to do with it. I’d almost say I’ve seen it all. Almost all, but with one glaring exception!! I can’t help wondering why It’s remained the case for so long, that I’d be more likely to fly with somebody from Timbuktu than somebody from Tianjin? Wouldn’t bother me.

I do see a recruitment drive coming. And about time too! After all, given the utopia that Cathay has at long last achieved, it’d be a terrible shame to see the company’s hard won reputation for fair play besmirched by a blatant prejudice against China’s finest Air Force Pilots and the most ablest son’s and daughters of Party Members, (or at least the very few of them that haven’t graduated from top flight business schools), just because they’re Chinese, wouldn’t it? Doesn’t make any sense that China’s finest low cost carrier should continue to discriminate against Chinese talent!! Wouldn’t you agree?

Indeed, I can foresee both a recruitment drive, and layoffs. 😉