PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2021, 11:51
TinFoilhat2

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaboobla
I have been told today that due to almost 100% lobbying from existing Alliance pilots to their management that the plan to allow QF pilots to apply for the E-Jet positions has now been shelved.

In fact any QF pilot that applies will be specifically excluded. Good work TinFHat2.
Well I told you that type rated guys were first choice and they were not going to screw over their own work force either so not sure what the problem is there. As for QF pilots I dont see why they should get any more of a look in than say an Emirates, VA, or CX guy all returning home who also need work and have families to support.

Qantas have their own aircraft and can fly their own regional routes. They chose to contract out the work to Alliance due to them having the right aircraft. Its a business decision, however it does not mean Alliance owes any QF pilot a job flying an e-jet. If Qantas dont like that they are free to take their business elsewhere.

Ultimately I wish no bad situation on any of these pilots and their families, including the QF guys and gals and if there are spare seats available then hopefully some of them get employed again