PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2021, 02:10
C441

Received 115 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by brokenagain
Imagine how much ‘back at Qantas we did it like this’ there will be? Will the ego’s fit in such a small cockpit?
Back when Australian Airlines (the blue one) and Qantas (International) merged, I can't recall too many Qantas Pilots going over to the 737 and saying "We did it this way". Indeed it did not take too long for both groups of pilots to get together and take the best bits of both operations and merge them into a standard set of operational procedures.
Personally, as a commuting 767 pilot, I would often sit on the 737 jump-seat thinking "Why don't we do that?" and only occasionally wondering why they did something different to our 767 procedure. If I asked, it would usually be pointed out that particular procedure is critical in one circumstance but not so in others, but logically applied as a SOP for any occurrence.

Yes, a few Boeing pilots did transfer to the Airbus fleets and wanted to Boeing-ise them. They were largely unsuccessful.

Most Qantas Pilots going to Alliance will be happy to have a job and a new type to learn. You'll obviously be very surprised that the average Qantas pilot is just like most other pilots; proud of having achieved an airline job but humble and ready to learn.