PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh poo....
Thread: Oh poo....
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2021, 20:10
huge72

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
lsh, I too also heard the tales whilst in training and when I finally made it to Hercs after all those years on Wessex, I was not to be disappointed. I had the pleasure of taking the CSE show from Muscat to Thumrait during Saif Sareia in 2001. First incident took place before we got airborne when the Children's presenter AP took one look at the elsan and said '' I can't possibly use that'' and bravely ran away back to the terminal. Then when we are on our way the main female act decided she couldn't wait any longer. Up steps other loadie and gallantly holds the tatty curtain shut. Suddenly her head pops out asking for more loo roll, which was strange as there was a full one there before we left. It appears that she had the need to remove it from the holder and promptly dropped into loo. She wondered if we would retrieve it!!!!!!

And as for the Chris Fynes story he was not alone amongst SH Crewman. Ian H did the same thing whilst on exercise with 18 Sqn when they still had the mighty Wessex. I also agree with your appraisal of Chris a true gentleman. I worked for him 2 times on 72 first time at Odiham before he went to 230 and then again on 72 in NI. He was easily the best Crewman Ldr that I knew alongside Paddy W and Bob B, Crewman Leaders who looked after the troops.