PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2021, 01:03
40years

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
You answered a question I didn't ask. I didn't ask about releasing an internal Airservices investigation.

The reason there are supposedly independent transport safety investigators is to conduct supposedly independent investigations to find out why things happened.

I note that reg 2.9 of the TSI regulations says: "For the purposes of section 48 of the Act, a recording is not an on‑board recording for the purposes of the Act if the recording is: (a) an oral communication recorded by an air traffic service or a certified air‑ground radio service for the purpose of directing or monitoring the progress of an aircraft ...".

I ask again: What provision, precisely, of the TSI Act prohibits the ATSB from publishing ATC/Centre comms recordings?
And you asked a question quoting my post #78, which was in response to a question in post#75. All to do with Airservices control of data, not ATSB.
In reply to your ATSB question, nothing to prevent ATSB release of recordings, etc. subject to certain caveats in the Act and Regis.