PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vaccine implications on your licence
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2021, 10:03
14 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
double_barrel

Wow, a 20 year immuno-geneticist hanging around a pilot-trash-talking forum.....a breath of fresh air! Welcome!

Jokes aside, thanks for your input, we need a lot more conversation regarding this topic. We as pilots are trained to develop a healthy sense of suspicion and with all the opinions being pushed (all by experts) the red lights for me are flashing everywhere. We have been lied to too many times and when someone constantly tries to convince me to do something (2-3 emails per day), I get nervous. Whether it is the call from the “investment guy”, the used car salesman, free loan guy, the forex ponzi guy, the health product guy.......list goes on.....when it gets pushed so hard, I start wondering how much has to do with financial gain as opposed to my well-being. How many of you have been lying awake in an US hotel room, staring at the infomercials @ 3am? First they push a certain drug and the very next advertisement is from a law firm who will help you sue if you had been disabled by the drug that was pushed 2 years ago. That same drug 2 years ago was approved and the answer to all your problems. Have a listen at the end when they talk so fast about the side-effects......heart failure, sudden death, all other sorts of dysfunctions....I kid you not!

You mention the research and that for me is probably the biggest bone of contention. How much time has been spent on these new technology vaccines? Do we really have an idea about the long term consequences? Everything seems too rushed! Once that needle goes into your arm, it can not be reversed and as mentioned you have to sign an indemnity form! You have to admit, for a non-immuno-geneticist this might be too much to compute. Sounds like blind faith to me, maybe, I don’t know?

Regarding my initial assumption and question, I have started to notice people thinking that once vaccinated, normal life will return, this jab will fix all. I think there lies a big danger in that attitude, but it’s another subject. If I understand you correctly this vax issue can be split into 2 facets. Firstly, it will prep you for a real infection and therefore you should not be that scared of un-vaxed people as your immune system will deal with the problem swiftly. Secondly, and this is the point I missed, is that although a vaxed person can still, possibly spread the virus, the chances become less because your primed immune system has been attacking the virus from the get go.

Anyway, any input appreciated!