PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2021, 09:35
Gentle_flyer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
Is IFR navaid training of the type that happens overhead a site like MNG possible in it's present form in E, especially if the controller is responsible for a much larger sector, thus doesn't have the time to concentrate on positively separating multiple constantly level-changing aircraft in close proximity? The only result I can see is that access is going to be incredibly restricted, to the point that training will just move to somewhere else in G where you can actually get in and get it done when you want to get it done.
TIEW,

You make a good point. I was actually having the same general discussion with sone other interested parties today!

However if the SAFIS is introduced at at MNG and presumably the operating hours are ? For example 0800 - 1800 EST then NAVAID Training in E would only outside those hours. In reality I have no idea given the very limited brief on general and specific info on SAFIS.

Regardless you post raises similar issues to those raised over a few beers today....

Will the controller responsible for the MNG SAFIS be only responsible for the SAFIS and not responsible for the surrounding low level airspace as well?

Presumably the controller responsible for the MNG SAFIS be able to hear all broadcasts on the SAFIS frequency?

Will the controller be able to broadcast on the MNG SAFIS frequency?

Will the MNG SAFIS frequency program be retransmitted on the other control frequency if that controller is responsible for other sectors at the same time or will only the controller hear it?

What will happen to frequency management outside MNG SAFIS hours?

How will the service provided to aircraft in MNG SAFIS be different that what is provided now?

I am assuming similar questions could be asked about the Ballina SAFIS which may have different issues as well as similar let alone the other aero drones proposed for SAFIS a;location.

And we haven’t even started on CLASS E to 1500 AGLs