PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320: What "additional procedures" are you considering when reaching the STS page?
Old 26th Jan 2021, 07:30
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saviboy
Ok thanks for all the replies.

System reset wasn't part of my question because there is a list of resets in the QRH so I never wondered about those.

So if APU shouldn't even be considered before reading STS, what is left? Eng. relight? nothing else?
I was thinking about balancing Fuel if a Fuel imbalance was noted as part of the Eng. relight ECAM.
But to be honest, I'm not sure I would do it before reading STS. I am just trying to find examples of "additional proc's" one would do BEFORE reading STS. And outside of eng. relight, I cant find anything.
If there is only one applicable procedure, why the use of "any" the FCTM? ("any applicable procedure")

Thanks again for the discussion.
Imagine tomorrow an OEB comes up which tells You : in case of failure XYZ apply the ECAM initial actions and in addition do this and that. When reaching the STATUS you would continue with whatever other actions you need to perform. I remember many many years ago on the A321 we had specific OEBs for fuel pumps failures and in some circumstances we had to perform extra actions dictated by the OEBs once the primary ECAM actions were performed. This is just an example.