PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC: 737 Max - Still Not Fixed
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2021, 23:23
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chriscrepon88
The case filed in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit by the Flyers Rights group is docketed as 20-1486. It is an administrative law appeal of FAA's actions, specifically (1) the ungrounding order (I'm omitting the technical name for this order), and (2) the final AD. The underlying administrative rulings are filed, as published in the Federal Register in November. There are a number of procedural briefs and motions already in the appellate court (though without reading these, no further comment here).

The other current action by the Flyers Rights group, continuing in the federal District Court in D.C., is most definitely about the 737 MAX. It is a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking disclosure by FAA of all documents relating to the ungrounding decision which, at the time the case was filed, was far from imminent. (There are cross-motions for summary judgment pending, last time I checked it out on Pacer.)

(And as SLF/attorney, I'm obliged to say, the foregoing attorney-talk is only for the purpose of clarification. Please return to the regularly conducted aviation subject matter thread.)