PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2021, 08:56
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The emphasis here has been on oversees holidays - which in the grand scheme of things isn't top priority.
Despite Zoom & Teams there will still be the need for business travel even at a reduced rate.
There are a whole host of of other reasons why people travel, work, family and medical
My other half is in Hong Kong (work) I have not seen them for 12 months now. I cannot go there as a Brit, for them to come here would make it very difficult to get back into HKG and would take 2 weeks stop at an acceptable transit point followed by 3 weeks quarantine- so not practical.
I won't be the only one in this situation, people have families spread all over the world, they can't be denied access forever.
After a year there still is no standardisation of travel policy, quarantine rules, health checks, testing, They need to establish an international standard a la security check, a standard that is acceptable to the majority of countries and only then can controlled travel be opened up. It may not be suitable or sustainable for a weekend stag do in Magaluf but it would be acceptable for bringing families together & essential business travel.