PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2021, 20:06
helipixman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the Jury still out ?
Even the Government advisors are now begging people who have had the vaccine to keeep to the Lockdown restrictions - why ? because they still do not know wether a vaccinated person will still pass on the virus ? It will protect them but possibly not stop them passing it to others - answer things are never going to get back to normal until everyone in the UK is vaccinated. Even then other countries lagging behind who may want our tourism will still be hit because our Government probably still wont want us to go there ?

What is the answer ? when England can vaccinate 400,000 per day and that number is growing, they have vaccinated 5.8 million people so far ! Then take Scotland they have only vaccinated 360,000 in TOTAL - thats less than England in one day ? Scotland are already lagging behind. What country might you be wanting to travel to and how far behind are they ?

On top of this the Government are wanting to introduce harsher International Travel measures (announcement on Tuesday coming). Schools probably not going back until Easter, Pubs and restaurants possibly not opening until July 17th - just more nails in the Travel industry Coffin. I know the travel industry needs to survive and believe I want them to, but soon I think they are all going to have to call it a day for Summer 2021 ? It's not looking good at present unless we see a miracle.