PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL JOBSWORTHS
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2021, 04:49
Marly Lite

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
BRISTOL JOBSWORTHS

I am a 30 years serving military Pilot.

I am out and about in the UK most days. In 30 years I have had nothing but professional help and service from all ATC units up and down the country. Thank you guys/gals, my job is difficult and there's nothing like the reasssuring voice of somebody at the other end of the airwaves when you need it, especially on a dark horrible night. Thankyou for 30 years of dealing with me.

I was shocked recently to get the brush-off from Bristol on a poor weather day when i was transiting down the channel and could have done with a quick climb and transit to the east. I put it down to 'one of those days'.*

But I hear from my colleagues that my experience is now standard and Bristol are behaving like proper jobsworths. Not interested in anything outside of controlled airspace. All you get is "remain clear of controlled airspace and **** OFF"

I find this attitude appalling, especially when there's nobody else out there.

whats going on?? Why behave in such a shoddy manner?

*Im not stupid, he was waiting for me to bell-up. He just couldn't wait to be a obstructionist c##t. I was the only f##ker airborne in southern lockdown UK. What a ****.