PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Mentored Programme - Bartolini Air
Old 22nd Jan 2021, 19:51
PinguGoesFlying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ryanair Mentored Training

Hello

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Am in the middle of ATPL training atm, career change at 30, got the PPL last Spring literally a couple of days before the March 2020 lockdown & the world ended!

Been looking at advanced schools round Europe & Ryanair offer a Mentored scheme, where your CPL, ME IR, MCC etc is all done with Ryanairs involvement, you are interviewed and assessed before beginning advanced training (Gateway 1, so ATPL theory complete, PPL and hours building all done).

Question is, is this scheme worth it??? I am aware how bleak the jobs market is atm, and am mindful that flight schools are keen to fill slots and take the monies, but the school I am talking to seems genuine and I trust them (Bartolini in Poland), just wondering what your guys views are on this, anyone on here been through this scheme, anyone on it atm. Ryanair are buying more MAX planes and seem very keen to get going again once all this clears and the vaccine seems to be working, would this scheme be a good way into the industry or better off getting a whitetail CPL & throwing the CV out in a years time & hoping for the best?

Currently sitting on 10/14 ATPL first time passes (95% average), waiting on lockdown to clear to complete the remaining 4. Hours building about half way there, my local club keeps closing with lockdowns and I keep losing currency.

Thanks for your help & stay safe all