PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greater Bay Lodges Application For 100 Plus Routes
Old 22nd Jan 2021, 17:00
Walkingthedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This time you have CX weakened by COVID/protests. Greater Bay can sit things out once they have their AOC at much reduced costs while CX hemorrhages cash from 2 airlines that aren’t flying (except the freighter).
The political climate has changed dramatically in the last 12 months. CX is a British owned company in China. GBA is wholly locally owned and positioning themselves to be part of the PRC plan for HKG/CAN/SZ.. Set this in the context of a Merlin Swire going to PEK to save CX and the subsequent ramp inspections and staff problems and I think you have a different dynamic. Let’s wait and see you may be right but this time I think it will be different. The timing of the whole thing is interesting.
As an aside they bought KA over the odds, spent a shed load of money on making it look like CX then shut it down.
They might as well have sold it to GBA as they look like they’ll probably get a percentage of the rights anyway.
As to the golden handcuffs my mates are all planning on taking them off and going home. It’s easy just bang them on a rock they’re made of tin 😜

Last edited by Walkingthedog; 23rd Jan 2021 at 10:26.