PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2021, 21:27
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by currawong
Mystery to me why people that harbour such a dislike for any particular locality are so concerned when they cannot go there....

It's not that, I'm trying to look at how individual leaders have done things rather than political labelling, as the whole CV19 is a moving target personally I think some have handled it better than others.

NSW and Vic having screwed up at the start have both been forced to develop reasonable contract tracing to deal with inevitable outbreaks when people start moving around.

McGowan has preached eradication, if they have instituted contract tracing it's unclear to what extent and it's never been tested in anger, ongoing response is to hide under the bedcovers and operate as a hostage state.

I can see how I'd be looking to come into the state election campaign as opposition - "if you never want to see your east coast grandkiddies ever again that's your choice vote McGowan, if you think that's not really the way to live life better think of the other bloke".
Nuanced of course and local issues to ask about the future/past failures raised ie standard political stuff but do NOT not allow the messiahic "I saved you you must vote for me" crap that Queen P was allowed to run with unhindered by a piss weak clueless opposition in QLD.