PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the future for the Jetstar B787 fleet
Old 16th Jan 2021, 11:58
wheels_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar has frequency, network and monopoly on many markets that QF and VA do not (ie right across Queensland) that are popular with leisure pax so they should be right. They have much more point to point routes vs Virgin. I will suffer a loco in a exit seat vs running via another place just to sit on Virgin. Outside of cyclone season, Jetstar has half dozen A321 flights into Cairns from Sydney and Melbourne, each. Qantas and Virgin have one. They also have considerable point to point routes out of many Queensland leisure destinations that the others don’t.

Jetstar will get the Tiger traffic, a large chunk which was foreign tourists, when the world moves on. I don’t know where the Rex pax are coming from.

The market was pretty flat and has been for a while, I don’t think we will be seeing any growth, and I’m not sure what growth Rex is thinking about when they start taking about 40 odd machines that are in the fairytale they are planning.