PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2021, 23:02
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Eliminate it from community spread until the population is properly immunised.

In other news it’s good to see some progress is being made on the hotel quarantine front, with measures that epidemiologists have been wanting for months now are being considered, although it would’ve been better had the federal government taken the responsibility for quarantine as constitutionally mandated to them in the first place.

If these ideas are implemented across the nation then basically there’ll be very little risk of a major city hotel outbreak so life can return to best as normal until the population is immunised to herd immunity. Probably better for the quarantiners too as they can have some fresh air instead of being cooped up in sealed hotel room:

The Queensland Government will consider using mining camps to quarantine international travellers as the state grapples with a cluster of the highly-contagious UK strain of coronavirus.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said she would raise the matter with the Federal Government when national cabinet meets next Friday.

"We are going to look at all options and one of those options is to look at some of the mining camps that we have in Queensland," she said.

"Now, for a start, some of these mining camps are four-star.”

"My understanding is most of them, the ones we're looking at, have balconies so there's a lot of fresh air for guests and also, too, there's the capacity for all of the staff and the cleaners and everyone to also be based on those sites as well.

"I think this is a rational option and if we are dealing with a strain which is up to 70 per cent more infectious, I think we need to be really serious about it."

Queensland considers mining camps for quarantining travellers - ABC News