PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong dying
Thread: Hong Kong dying
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2021, 20:13
grottyyottie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Somewheres v the Anywheres and HK retirement

You all make good observations on ....why to stay ....or not, in a HK retirement.
I was once told that the big financial institutions work you to " burn out" at the high end and you seldom want to stay in a firm beyond age 60. They say that you come home to die. How true this is, we just dont know, but it happens. Plenty examples.
Perhaps something to do with the person division into the "Somewheres or the Anywheres". This has been around for a while now.
"Somewheres" have to be somewhere, anchored and close to home. Identity, fear of the unknown, social profile and attitude feature.
The "Anywheres" are happy to go out anywhere, any place, take it in their stride, do not fear the bigger world and have a totally different social makeup.
I used to be an Anywhere, flippin loved it. In the 80s and 90s you could 'ave it large' and there were no complaints.
Now retired, my only fellow crewmember is a naughty Terrier. Like a true 1980s FO, he loves the ladies, getting dirty and does not mind getting into trouble.