PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B17 crash at Bradley
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2020, 15:43
capngrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rnzoli;

I think that you have written an excellent description of what happens to an organization that has achieved the status of a "Sacred Cow". That organization (or person) is viewed as being above constructive criticism or even above mild comment on what could be improved. This phenomenon is not just limited to aviation enterprises.

Back in the day, when it was my job to give "constructive criticism" to various organizations/individuals, I would often be met with the philosophy of: "We've been doing it this way for years. What could happen?"

At this point I would not give any support to the Collings Foundation until it is known that their basic philosophy of complacency has been replaced "from the top down". For example, naming a nineteen year old (23 yrs. old at the time of the accident) as the Chief Pilot just because he's related to the owners is inappropriate in my book. How any Chief Pilot (of any age) can ride herd on 50 or more volunteer pilots (of varying experience/qualifications) from all across the country is beyond my comprehension.

I hope the Collings Foundation survives this; however, I have my doubts.

I could go on and on, but I won't.

Regards,
Grog

Last edited by capngrog; 31st Dec 2020 at 23:04. Reason: correct misspelling