PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2020 / 2021 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - With a Twist
Old 28th Dec 2020, 04:05
helomaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 has been a wild year, but my employment has been ongoing. I returned from normal 6 week rotation in Kenya to USA on March 14th, the day US locked it down. I had an interesting layover in Chicago, on way to Denver, but made way onto connecting flight just before doors were shut. Awesome, other travelers spent way more hours in that airport and missed connecting flights. Then spent a few months at home, no one traveled outbound/those on shift stuck there . Back to work in Kenya, June to September (longer than normal rotation as contract quickly expired/equipment needed to be loaded up and sent home). Worked my way into a new contract that company was awarded to kick off in January 2021, lots of training at home plate, and now ready to head off back overseas in a few weeks.

None of my immediate family suffered COVID, none of my co-workers came up hot (there were tests, and I can vociferously admit I am not fond of the brain tickles). There were long periods when I could not see kids/grandkids this year, even those living in hometown, as we all tried to practice acceptable social distancing. Win, win. Now let's all get back to normal life!