PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747 pilot recalls
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2020, 02:26
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by swh
Everyone is well aware of what you have been through, and it seems some just haven’t moved on, first you the denial, then anger, some are still in this bargaining stage, next depression will follow, and finally acceptance.when you actually pack up and leave hKG.
Really swh? Are you truly aware of what some of the KA guys have gone through? Because I think if you have, you may be a little kinder. Some haven't even been paid!

You aren't an EAP counsellor. The grief timeline isn't regimented or linear. It jumps about. Especially under the circumstances faced by many former KA staff. Sure, senior KA guys, fed up and with sound finances, probably sit more on some sort of relief like process versus the trauma of colleagues less well positioned.

I'd invite CX guys with KA pilot friends to ask the uncomfortable questions about the termination process they faced. We are fortunate as a group and have tended to stick together and help each other navigate the process and the DPA Committee has been admirable in their efforts. I can not imagine what some CX pilots may face under COS 18 if this disaster drags on. I just recommend being kind.