PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine for domestic crew?
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2020, 14:57
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
SWH,
Not a simple answer. You should get a job with the WA cops. You seem to have your stick inserted to the correct depth.

Didn’t need an Exempt Traveller entry because I had a valid Flight Crew permit. I had also entered and departed WA after the 14 Dec Aircrew Directions under flight crew permits previously. But according to you, the goalposts get shifted after the game and I should just say, “Thank You Sir, May I Please Have Another?”
And as for isolating for 14 days before LEAVING the country? How many international flights per month did you say you do? 2? That’s as stupid an idea as making someone travel to a major population centre to isolate (doctor’s opinion, I just agree).

If a country isn’t admitting anyone bar aeromedical, doesn’t mean I’m not considered flight crew there. They might have had quarantine requirements, but every country I’ve been to has considered me as flight crew for the last 10 years I’ve been doing this.

Actually, WA has also issued exemptions to Bizjet ops as flight crew. (Uh oh, someone else stepping on your patch...)

I shouldn’t need to take a definition to court to get a sensible result. That’s why you ask for rules to be amended.

Who said I’m not abiding by their COVID rules? If they need to be amended, the squeaky wheel gets the grease (unless you are just happy with other sectors of aviation than yours being disadvantaged. Looking more and more to be the case.)

The answer to the question on everyone’s mind (stuffed if I know why everyone would want to know) is I chose to enter Broome because it’s none of your business whatsoever, (but here’s a hint. From DPS, 700nm to BRM vs almost 1000nm to DRW. I’m sure you can work that out all by yourself...)

I’m sitting in quarantine following WA’s COVID regs exactly. You’re nuts if you think I’m the reason for tougher aircrew quarantine rules. Thank the Sydney crews and paranoid state governments for that. Flying single pilot, I’m probably less of a risk than you. I follow a COVID manual and isolate the same as you, but not with other crew or pax the whole trip. I’m trying to get a restrictive and IMO unnecessary definition changed. I’ve done nothing that could possibly make it harder to operate in WA than it already is.

You’re grateful for your job? Well I’m just trying to do mine.

Last edited by MakeItHappenCaptain; 26th Dec 2020 at 15:14.