PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your Scariest Flight ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2020, 06:44
Rwy in Sight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I had nothing to write here until I read Wycombe's contribution. In the mid-70's I flew two or three times a year to CFU on a Boeing 727-284. As I was barely more than a toddler I was given a window seat. However for a number of flights I was sure the wing would break (as it moved up and down rather intensively in my mind) and we would die. Fortunately after a couple of years I realized this wasn't going to happen and I felt much better and a great love between me and aviation started.

A few minutes of concern appeared on a ATR flight out of SMI in November 2007 when the leading edge of the wing become white due to frost accumulation and I wasn't sure the boots would be able to handle it.

Another block of scary flights were in autumn 2009 and it is a bit weird I take only Slasher would understand me. In September 2009 I was turned down by a lady Slasher and myself would appreciate very much. Right after that, any time we encountered any turbulence in flight would remind me the initial events (as we knew back then) of AF447 and I was expecting a crash. After a fabulous flight to CFU on a gin clear day - that I am sorry I didn't have a camera on my hands the problem went away and I am still looking for a scary flight during a business trip.