PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine for domestic crew?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2020, 01:33
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by swh
That is not something new, been in place since April 5. I wouldn’t draw attention to your previous entries as you might end up with massive fines and/or jail time.
Yep, nothing new and I have flown more hours than probably any other pilot in Australia since August doing this.

So nobody wants to hear your “should’ve known better” bullsiht when the facts of the matter are that;

1) I was approved by the WA Police on every occasion.
2) I confirmed the day before departure that rules hadn’t changed with WA Health
3) My APPROVED entry was changed AFTER I landed.

And just where do you think I got my quoted regulation from? How about you read your referenced document and consider WA almost had their mail cut off because the WA Police (in their infinite and irrevocable opinion) defined an airliner as “passenger carrying scheduled services” and that QF freighters (surprise, surprise) didn’t meet their interpretation.

Maybe the decision to phone the crews isolating in Perth every hour to make sure they were still in their isolation accomodation is OK by you as well? That was their procedure until someone got upset, so maybe my drawing attention to this crap will help someone else getting bent over by some little nazi who doesn’t understand aviation.

If you haven’t got anything helpful to add, maybe you should toddle off and go enjoy your Christmas with your family.

Last edited by MakeItHappenCaptain; 24th Dec 2020 at 04:20.