PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Antiobiotics during Class 1
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2020, 08:39
kwaiyai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This from the UK CAA Guidance, Contact your AME and seek advice if not sure.
Guidance Material For Medication Used By Pilots UK Civil Aviation Authority GuidanceMaterial Version 1.1 01/2019 www.caa.co.uk/medical
Medication can have side effects which may impair flying performance.Symptoms of colds, sore throats, diarrhoea and other abdominal upsets may cause little or no problem whilst on the ground but can distract and affect performance whilst on flying.The in-flight environment may also increase the severity of symptoms which may only be minor whilst on the ground.Consider the underlying condition and that symptoms may be compounded by the side effects of the medication.Ensure the medical practitioner or pharmacist advising you about medication or prescribing medication is aware that you are a pilot.These “3 basic questions” should be answered as ‘YES’ before flying 1)Do I feel fit to fly?(2)Do I really need to take medication at all?(3)Have I given this particular medication a personal trial on the ground of at least 48 hours to ensure that it will not have any adverse effects on my ability to fly?Inform your AME if you are intending to start medication and seek their advice if there is any doubt about whether the medication is acceptable for aeromedical certification.

UK Civil Aviation Authority GuidanceMaterial Version 1.1 01/2019 www.caa.co.uk/medical2AntibioticsThe use of antibiotics usually indicate an infection is present, which normally means a Pilot is not fit to fly and should seek the advice of an AME