PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejected Take-Off and Flight Time
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2020, 18:56
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
It’s all well and good for people to express opinions about whether .3 does or doesn’t make a difference. And it’s all well and good for people to express opinions about the motivations of a pilot who wants to enter .3 for some ‘event’ in his or her logbook for some reason.

But, in Australia, a pilot commits a criminal offence if s/he does not enter, in his or her logbook, the precise ‘flight time’, as defined, for each and every ‘flight’, as defined. And the pilot commits an offence if the entries s/he makes are false or misleading. That includes entries of ‘flight time’ that do not fit the definition.

The meanings of terms like ‘flight’ and ‘flight time’ in the rules - whatever the f*ck their meanings happens to be this week - therefore have profound consequences, even if CASA is not presently inclined to do something about it in your case.

You show me your logbook and the maintenance releases of aircraft you’ve ‘been in’, and I guarantee I’ll be able to conjure an argument that you’re a dangerous criminal under Australian law. I may ultimately turn out to be wrong, technically, but I’m confident I’ll be able to drive you into the ground, practically, long before that’s established.

It’s all about safety, after all.