PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-3
Thread: Heathrow-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2020, 15:15
Trinity 09L

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CabinCrewe

So I must be a complainer. I have lived close to Heathrow since 1973, no T4,T5, no tube access, and cross runway still in use. Present when PI crashed. Worked there for 6 years. The expansion since 73 has been suitable/acceptable.
The expansion for R3 is not now required. This includes the sea change in business methods of communications. Tourist pax numbers will be less, they are already accommodated by BA and the opposition. The land grab, movement of local roads is extraordinary. Rail links, tube and rail and roads are not being funded by Heathrow. The impact of noise on new communities is ignored.
Have I used Heathrow? Yes for business use within the UK, Ireland, and worldwide, both with BA and many different carriers when cost is relevant, since 1973. Also as a tourist pax, but used all other SE airports.
Heathrow is only a small hub for the UK. All major cities in UK have access to all points east and south, via ME points. Traditionally pax would transit through LHR, now flights from USA/Canada fly over the UK on route ME/Asia/China. Twins have extra range and economics.
There is no need now for R3.