PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2020, 11:55
dr dre

Received 351 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by Malakor1
Surely this cannot continue, it's criminal the damage it causes the community.
Well let’s see. So far in Sydney we’ve seen no firm action, just a few requests to stay at home, which I’m sure over the weekend before Christmas in the northern beaches will be observed without question..../s

Let’s see what the numbers look like in a few days, the cases seem to be from all over the northern beaches, and one positive case who traveled all over the city including Penrith. The numbers may jump significantly. At that point in the SA outbreak a lockdown was enforced which stopped the spread. Will Gladys have the guts to do one if required during Christmas week? I think that may throw most holiday plans in the bin.

On the other hand in WA it’s fairly certain they’ll be having a normal Christmas. You think West Aussies would rather be in northern Sydney right now?

Originally Posted by DanV2
WA has now re-imposed the full 'hard border' with NSW with mandatory 14 day quarantine reimposed effective 12:01am Friday 18 December.
That’s not a hard border. You can still enter for any reason you just have to self isolate.

Tasmania has prevented entry to anyone who has been in Sydney’s northern beaches, Queensland will impose 14 day isolation to anyone from that region. If the outbreak spreads beyond the Northern beaches I’d say other states will follow suit and extend it to all of Sydney.

As Queensland has also followed suit and instituted restrictions, that should silence the conspiracy theorists here that Palaszczuk was only being tough on borders for election posturing. The truth is this is a serious virus, not just “a cold” as was said a few posts ago, and it needs to be dealt with seriously.

Where did this latest outbreak originate from that has already reached a vulnerable population (aged care)? So much for NSW having the “gold standard” approach according to Morrison.

Last edited by dr dre; 17th Dec 2020 at 12:33.