PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini Dash 8-400 on delivery from Germany
Old 16th Dec 2020, 20:27
Office Update

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Bananas, Clearly you have not done any homework on PNG. The country is in turmoil with politics and corruption along with out of control violence. Law and order as we know it in a civilized world is virtually non existent.
I'm not aware from my contact that PX are seeking to recruit direct entry captains, especially not checked on type. PX do have their own national cadet scheme.
At present PX has pilots on extended leave, the B767 and 737 fleet is vastly under utilised. I cannot image from the lofty heights of a B777 you would be happy being a Dash 8 pilot. The Fokker 100 fleet is tired and unreliable. PX has Fokker 100 airframes which are stripped for spare parts. Dash 8-400 are the better bet.
Accomodation for a family is mega expensive; employment permits difficult and extremely expensive to obtain. Personal security is a challenge, expat females need to be very very wary about their own security at all times.
You can save yourself of time by applying to the company for the most likely inevitable answer.