PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New book about Thomas Cook - Pulling Wings from Butterflies
Old 15th Dec 2020, 12:32
Youmightsaythat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it's true... there is a thread about the book!.

I have refrained from posting anything on public forums about my case (BALPA the exception, you will see why in books two and three.) until now.
Hi, I'm Mike, the guy involved in the case.

Just a couple of points. Those of you who read the BALPA 'version' of the press release above might come to a particular conclusion as to the level of support I received for my £80 odd pound monthly BALPA membership fee. Indeed I am reliably informed that members of the BALPA NEC are already challenging the facts of the matter.

Please rest assured that every single point in the book unless I have specifically said 'in my opinion' is backed up by documents presented to a judge and emails and documents presented directly to BALPA and the CAA. The book has also been rigorously legally checked to ensure it's an authentic record of the case.

The reason the book has been split into three volumes is that the first one lays the foundations of the reason this appalling situation occurred. The second one shows clearly it was not just the airline I was confronting and fighting. I was also fighting those that 'claim' they are working on your behalf.

A recent review says everything about the case.
"It’s a wake-up call and therefore, in my mind, every pilot should read this book to fully realize what is really going on in the industry…and what nobody wants to publicly talk about.'

You have as professional pilots a choice. You either swallow the red pill that the establishment gives you about the state of the industry and 'pretend' you are a professional or you take the blue pill and get the truth. Totally your decision.