PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Pilot First Tour?
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2020, 08:26
Bob Viking

Received 518 Likes on 145 Posts
SkySports

I have to ask, firstly, how does he know these questions will be asked and, secondly, why would the interviewer ask him what the job will entail in such detail? Wouldn’t your lad be there to find out rather than tell the interviewer?!

I’m all for being prepped but maybe he should try to relax instead off trying to have an answer for every conceivable question. They probably want to see the real him not someone who has practiced for an exam.

If the interviewers are worth their salt they will be able to take the interviewee to a subject they are not prepared for and watch him think on his feet.

I realise it is nearly 22 years since my one and only visit to OASC but I didn’t go to UAS (I was an Air Cadet but had left 4 years before OASC), didn’t know anyone who had done the job, hadn’t heard of Pprune and did not obsess over every detail. It seemed to work out fine though.

I wish him luck regardless of what I have said above. Ignore anyone who says it’s not as good as it used to be. If he gets to fly he’ll still have a blast.

BV