PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2020, 05:57
Global Aviator

Received 124 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by jrfsp
Quarantine cruise ships, that's what we need (joke). In all seriousness, there are thousands of FIFO workers who put up with these conditions, why not returning travelers?

What about Rottnest / Hamilton Island etc? We used to have purpose built quarantine stations situated away from the "Towns" , the government has had months to come up with a better system.....it just seems the risk far far outweighs the cost of building a better system?
Yep that’s why I’m so pro using Howard Springs to its full potential. I don’t think QLD tourism would be too happy using a resort island! Logistically Christmas Island would cost a huge amount as not bug enough for wide bodies so looking a shuttles. Oh then again Singapore or Kuala Lumpur in narrow bodies would work.

I don’t think many wanting to get home would actually care where or how, they just want to get home. Howard Springs is actually a jack pot in my opinion, outside time, pool time, etc! Much better than stuck in a 5 star hotel room with no opening windows.