PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2020, 13:48
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was some mention that FR were keen on T3 because of the proximity to the runway, although if I recall Ryanair were a T2 tenant for many years? I suppose what is clear is that the original plans for MAN have changed a little, however much remains the same. The majority of departures are short-haul and concentrated on a few operators, the network airlines form a smaller part of the picture. With flyBe out of the picture, the main overnight/based aircraft are from easyJet, Ryanair, Jet2 & TUI. easyJet and Rayanir do use away based aircraft into MAN, so their pattern should be less prone to peaks and troughs than Jet2 and TUI who don't, typically.

MAN has been unlucky over the years, T3 was built for BA, who never used it as intended, it quickly grew far too small for its current use. I don't think many of us would argue that if it were to become 'the' Ryanair terminal that fewer check-in desks, a better located security area and more retail/seating ares would be ideal. I wonder if the current check-in hall could be used for security and the old flyBe check-in desk area, or the BA check-in be sufficient for Ryanair or Wizz? But if it were reconfigured may airlines might be interested, no cut-de-sac and near the operational runways. What's not to like?