PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Displaced Local Crew
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2020, 09:38
Rie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is difference between an administrative lapse vs your working visa for a company in a country you legally cannot reside without holding. I am not perfect at all but I'll be damned if I forget something that will cost me my job.

Would you go to your next sim/line check and forget your licence and expect it was signed off? Maybe you forget about your medical and just hope that it was re-issued? The same goes with an employment visa.

If you take a look at any of the quarantine help groups on Facebook. There are dozens every day day asking if their PR status is going to run out as they are due for the 3 year check in. The answer always comes back the same that there are no allowances made even with COVID affecting access. So these people fly into HK for quarantine, tick the box and fly back home again. Many families I know have taken children out of school and returned home this year to keep their children safe but have always come back when needed for work commitments. One I know has even done this process 3 times with quarantine on each end.

Oasis, which are the countries from which these crew reside that are strict enough right now to not let a non-resident travel?

Last edited by Rie; 30th Nov 2020 at 09:59.