PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smartwings B738 over Aegean Sea on Aug 22nd 2019
Old 29th Nov 2020, 09:30
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
The TRE criticised my decision to go to Athens in the de-brief, and no doubt he was right, but I think my reasons were also valid, I thought that had I attempted to land an A330 on one of the shorter Greek island strips I might have embarrassed myself.
These few words show an ineffective debriefing from your TRE (and hence a big learning occasion loss) for the following reasons :

- He could not pass over his point to you with your acknowledgment.
- Given the above he did not have enough arguments, suggesting your decision was also correct in the same exact way.
- a TRE must never criticize, he/she records a performance, decides based on what he has recorded and debriefs. The debriefing must be full of training elements, otherwise it goes in the trash.
In Your case the only thing he could have done -unless your decision was clearly unsafe- was to show you how to improve it (if it’s the case). Worst thing you can do as a TRE is to think “I would have landed at XXX” and debrief with your pre-conceived idea.