PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2020, 02:57
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
AJ will be out and about pushing bubbles with Asia because he has to. His cash burn will eliminate all domestic earnings until his International arm is back up.

Next year is all about maintaining a rolling and uninterrupted domestic network all days of the year.
Domestic travel was always the cash cow. It should be able to sustain a positive income indefinitely. Nations which are more serious about vaccines and health directions (Asian ones I believe) will put better protocols in place to allow early uptake of vaccination and Immunisation passports. This is what the Federal government should be aiming for anyway.

Now we’ve just signed the RCEP, the world’s biggest trade deal, with Asian nations. Australia to the RCEP nation trade is worth $485 billion AUD and includes Australia's 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th and 10th largest trading partners. Trade to this region makes up 83% of Australia's total trade (not even including India which may end up joining the agreement). The Federal government will probably want air links to these nations opened up promptly I’d imagine, after a suitable vaccine rollout program.

Latest info is the vaccine program should be started here in March, Asian nations at a similar time. I guess as there’ll be a gradual rise in vaccinated people here will gradually allow flights to increase? (Perhaps a confirmed international trip will allow priority in the vaccine queue).