PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QantasLink trainee first officer...
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2020, 00:16
Clare Prop

Received 219 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by nigelsomers
As a pilot. At least that is what is assumed when we all attended the "pilot information night".
Sorry to say, you and so many others have been scammed. The guaranteed employment and pilot shortage are furphys.

THIS is the reason why so many of us are against the whole VET debacle. It lines a lot of dodgy pockets with taxpayers money by exploiting people like the OP by telling him there is an easy way, a short cut to that dream of an airline job. It creates a very uneven playing field for those schools that don't want to get involved in it. There never has been and never will be a shortcut or pilot shortage.

Over my 30 years working in this industry I have seen so many of these frauds come and go and leave a trail of disappointed, debt ridden students just like the OP in their wake, they rake up the VET money and stash it who knows where then suddenly "go bust" leaving a trail of destruction. Then someone else starts it up and off we go again. I did hear one of the local sausage factories had a proud achievement of 5% of their graduates actually ending up working as pilots, the majority were so poorly trained they were simply unemployable, even in times of good hiring.

At least you have some qualifications, many of the people who get scammed in this way end up with a file and a log book in a skip or the money supply dries up and they can't afford to go to a proper school and finish.