PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside International Airport-1
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2020, 21:58
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N707ZS
If more flights do appear the airport will need to invest money into the airfield. Stands are short at the moment, triggers broom snow clearing equipment could be embarrassing and then there's the CAT I airfield which the neighbouring airfields upgraded years ago.
You are right about investment being needed.
Although the stand situation isnt that bad. Firstly if you re going by the movement sites say so, I believe they themselves say what it 'could' be. I'm sure Eastern wont be running LHR and LCY. It'll be one or the other. The J41s are small and may be able to be doubled up on the larger stands and there are plenty of stands else where and there is almost 2hrs between 1st flight out and last of the first wave according to the movement site so you can do cold moves from a remote stand to the main apron.
Yes the snow clearance has been an issue in the past but I'm not sure of the situation currently. Is CAT 2/3 really needed? It would be nice. Admittedly the fog is has been worse since the Tees barrage was installed. It isn't that bad and doesn't suffer the weather issue it southern neighbour encounters.